Tuesday, June 10, 2014

And it's summer!

Pre-baby Saturdays looked a lot different than they do now. We would go, go, go from the time we got up - go for a run around the lake, go to the grocery store, run errands, do yard work, work on house projects, have plans with friends.

Now, Saturdays are sacred. They are family days and we try not to have anything planned or do too many errands. We just want to spend time together.

We continued mural tour at this Austin panoramic mural. It was really long - even with three shots, we still didn't get the whole thing in! And I'm not sure I did the best job stitching it together, but I sure tried. I just love Emma's smile in this one :)
Then off the splash pad. And since I'm obsessed with my child, here's way too many pictures of her having a blast in the water.
I wish I could have gotten a photo (or video!) of the best moment of the day. There was a birthday party taking place at the park where the splash pad is. It was a bit frustrating because the parents were all talking to each other and NOT paying attention to their kids, who were a little out of control. The party parents had given out these water gun... stick... things? (I don't know what to call 'em... you suck water in like a syringe and then push to squirt it out) and the kids were running around shooting every one and every thing. This one little boy, maybe five or six, kept squirting us, and Emma, in the face and we were not at all happy with him. We told him not to do that again. A little while later he runs up to where we are sitting, drying off before we head home. He points the shooter at Hans' face and looks at him questioningly. Hans very firmly says "No." The little boy contemplates, than holds up his fingers, his thumb and pointer measuring a small amount as if to say "Just a little bit?" I start cracking up because I can't believe the nerve of this kid. Is he really asking if he can shoot us in the face just a little bit? Hans tells him no way and without a word he matter-of-factly nods his head as if to say "Eh, I figured, can't blame me for trying" and ran away. Hans wasn't as amused as I was, but I can't stop laughing about it.
Also from this weekend, we spent the evening at Zilker Park. We took a blanket and laid on the grass while Emma ran around like a crazy girl. We had things for her to play with, but she wasn't interested. Just ran until her face was red and she was all sweaty. Crazy girl.
And we got through church yesterday thanks to a Tangled coloring book and crayons. Woot.

Pretty soon I'm going to have to rename this blog - "Emma and Splash Pads." We love them. We love being outside. We love our Sacred Saturdays. It's going to be a good summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment