Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Thank you is not redundant

Today's message is short and sweet: Thank you is always good to hear.

In Relief Society this week we were discussing how sometimes we feel that our prayers can become too routine. One woman commented that she sometimes tries to vary her prayers so she's not just reciting thanks for the same things over and over again.

But then another sister made an excellent point. She said that motherhood has taught her so much about our relationship with God as our Father. She said that there are things she does for her children every day, like make them dinner or fold their laundry, and how even though she does those things every day, it makes her feel good whenever her kids say "Thanks, mom, that dinner was really good!" or "I really appreciate you washing my clothes." Her point was that it's not a bad thing to be redundant when it comes to expressing gratitude. There are things we can be thankful for every day and all days. Just as it makes us feel good each time someone expresses thanks to us, it surely makes Heavenly Father feel good each time we express our thanks to him.
Love this iPhone wallpaper from That Little Spark... she also has matching desktop wallpaper!
I don't know about you, but I am truly blessed. And it was a great reminder to me to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father more freely (and redundantly!) for all that he does for me. So get to thanking!

No comments:

Post a Comment