Thursday, August 14, 2014

Love list: Movies, tasties, and shopping

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
The great thing about my little (not-so-little) brother moving in with us is that after Punkito heads off to Dreamland, we can sneak out and go see a movie. Which is exactly what we did the other night when we saw Guardians of the Galaxy. I didn't think the previews looked very good, but it was awesome! It was really, very funny. My favorite part was dancing Groot :)

2. Mycloud photo storage
My phone has been yelling at me for weeks that I am completely out of storage. This isn't the first time that this has happened, but usually I can offload stuff to Dropbox to clear space. Except... Dropbox is yelling at me that it's full, too. Oops. So we finally bit the bullet this week and got a MyCloud harddrive dedicated just to family photos. I have been worried for a while because we have some on my laptop, some on Hans' computers, each of our phones, etc, etc. What if something happened to them?? So now we have all our photos all in one place. If something ever happened to that hard drive we might be in trouble, but at least for now we can find them all. And my devices will stop yelling at me daily.

3. Fruit pizza
I had a huge craving for fruit pizza. I don't know why. It's kinda a kick I'm on. And this recipe from The Pioneer Woman is phenomenal. I think it's the orange peel in the dough. I've made it a couple times and I think the best combo for fruit toppings is blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and peaches. And now my mouth is watering again. SO. GOOD.

4. Tax free weekend
I'm kind of in denial, but it's officially time to move Punkito up to 2T. We're just skipping 18-24 months for the most part - she's too tall! And as long as I can find pants with adjustable waistbands, the length of 2T is a better fit. It worked out great that the timing for the size change coincided with tax free weekend. We went on a little shopping spree this weekend, taking advantage of all the sales and incentives.
We still need a bunch of other things, but it definitely put a dent in our shopping list! And I'm so excited about all the cute things we got her. It's so much more fun picking out clothes for her than for myself.

5. Time for real bras
(photo from Nordstrom.com)
After 18 months of no underwire and straps with clasps that unhook, I think it's finally time to ditch my awful nursing bras and return to the real world. Except... I don't even know where to start! It's been so long. And I have NO idea what size I am now. So ladies, please send me your recommendations! Where to go? Who does the best job sizing? Any specific bras you love and can recommend? Send them my way, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment