Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spiritual Thought: Speaking of Jesus....

This past week, our Sunday School teacher was telling us about how when she and her husband moved to Texas for the first time, one thing that really surprised her was how common it is in the South for people to talk openly about Jesus. She said on their first date night out, an older couple struck up a conversation with them at dinner and invited them to attend their church. She said that in some ways it shamed her a little bit, because it made her wonder if she is that open and willing to talk to others about Christ.

I loved this story. I relate to this story. I am more than happy to speak of Christ in certain settings or when asked, but otherwise I often feel hesitant to start the conversation. Thanks, Sis. Whiting, for the encouragement.
So today I just want to leave you with my small testimony. I believe in Christ. He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my brother. He has done more for me than any man ever on this earth. He found me in my darkest moments and brought me into the light. Through his sacrifice, I was able to become clean and to continue to change and improve every day. I am so thankful for his love and for all he has done for me. I believe in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment